The purpose of this role is to oversee the physical construction of the assigned project done with a high level of quality, profitability and by meeting or exceeding the construction schedule. This role is responsible for properly managing the process and the relationships with clients, subcontractors and AmConCorp staff. This role is responsible for all field activities including project set up, project execution, financial management and relationship management. The Superintendent role is one of leader, coach, negotiator, and arbitrator. The leadership displayed by this individual is critical to the project’s performance.
- Oversee a single medium/large sized project or multiple smaller projects
- Lead and communicate with AmConCorp staff, Subcontractors and Vendors to assist them in adhering to the Project Schedule
- Represent AmConCorp with Owner, Architects, Consultants, Government/Municipal Authorities, Vendors and Subcontractors in a professional and courteous way
- Build effective working relationships and/or maintain existing relationships with clients, design teams and the AmConCorp project team members
- Construction industry experience
- Effective, straight forward, respectful, and professional communication skills
- Thinks ahead, identifies possible problems/risks, and develops plans to mitigate those problems/risks
- Demonstrates a commitment to safety, and makes decisions to ensure that safety on site remains on the front and center
- Ability to manage, embrace change, respond, and adapt
- Attention to detail, commitment to continued education and improvement, works cooperatively and collaboratively with others, sets high expectations and follows through, time management skills, etc.
- Knowledge of Procore and Microsoft Office