The purpose of this role is to ensure that projects are set up properly to be executed to the highest standards on all varieties of projects. Position requires skills as an estimator, scheduler, team builder and effective communicator. This position will support the preconstruction, marketing, and business development efforts at AmConCorp, lead the estimating effort and interface with/support the Project Managers and Field Managers at AmConCorp. Tasks and work need to be completed accurately and on a timely basis to ensure the project is set up for success. This will be accomplished by managing the workload and Assistant Estimators to meet established milestones and execute project strategy established by the project team.
- Manage multiple estimates depending on size, complexity, and type
- Represent AmConCorp with Owner(s), Architects, Consultants, Vendors and Subcontractors in a courteous and professional way
- Build effective working relationships with clients and the AmConCorp project team members
- Build, Maintain & Expand subcontractor base & working relationships
- Actively solicit and pursue possible business opportunities for AmConCorp (business development/sales)
- Evaluate Assistant Estimators’ performance and identify training needs
- Perform all duties of the Assistant Estimator should project size, budget, or staffing limitations exist
- Degree in applicable discipline or adequate experience preferred
- Ability to manage, embrace change, respond, and adapt
- Attention to detail, excellent client service skills, commitment to continued education and improvement, works cooperatively and collaboratively with others, sets high expectations and follows through, time management skills, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office