The ideal Business Development Manager candidate is a strong team contributor who is energized by the work we do and the clients we serve. They will be responsible for identifying and qualifying prospects, as well as coordinating the pursuit of new construction projects. This candidate should be self-motivated and deeply engaged in the local New England market for the development of new and existing AEC industry partners / business relationships.
- Provides business intelligence on clients, alliances, and competitors to support project pursuits and maintain an active CRM database.
- Monitors media sources for pertinent information relative to specific pursuits, industry trends, publications, and news and award participation opportunities.
- Works closely with the Marketing Manager assisting on RFPs, presentations, social media / digital communications, award submittals and other marketing collateral.
- Identify and coordinate attendance of trade shows and other social events.
- Set up and attend meetings/events with strategic leads.
- Research industry publications for news and advertising opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or applicable discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in New Business Development within the AEC industry
- Experience using CRM software (experience with HubSpot a plus)
- Self-starter, outgoing, ambitious with exceptionally strong communication and relationship building skills (verbal and written)
- Solid working knowledge of the various contracting methods and contract formats including general contracting, construction management, design-build, etc.