The Assistant Project Manager (APM) works with a Project Manager in running the day-to-day project management operations on a project.
- Project Set Up: Set proper tools in place prior to the beginning of a project, collaborating with project team to ensure profitability and client satisfaction. (General conditions, buy schedule and strategy, etc.)
- Project Execution: Deliver projects the AmConCorp way including tracking contracts and purchase orders, track and review shop drawings and submittals, requesting insurance and warranty certificates, act as a liaison with subcontractors, assist with project schedules, weekly photo taking and distribution to project team, set up coordination meetings, etc.
- Project Closeout: Ensure a strong close by completing, implementing, and managing project closeout checklist, prepare billings in a timely manner, issue final subcontract change orders and update final cost report, etc.
- Safety: Serves in a support role to organize, direct, and control the implementation of the project Safety Plan that meets the goal of zero workplace injuries and zero OSHA citations for the entire project duration.
- Financial Management: Ensure that jobs are set up properly to meet established profit goals by analyzing and integrating all business and contractual terms.
- Relationship Management: Develop critical relationships with client, design team, field team, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable discipline
- 3 years of related experience in construction industry preferred
- Ability to manage, embrace change, respond, and adapt
- Experience with the following preferred: ground-up and fit-outs, occupied spaces, retail spaces, restaurants, corporate interiors, etc.
- Experience working with Procore preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office